Our mission in KHUH is to provide an innovative, world-class medical care for patients with endocrine disorders.
Our Endocrinology care at KHUH provides a team of specialty physicians, diabetes educators, nurses and registered dietitians and we aim to provide each patient with a personalized treatment plan that is suitable to his/her condition and culture.
When to see an Endocrinologist?
- Patients experiencing new symptoms of endocrine disease, requiring expert diagnosis
- Patients suffering from complex endocrine symptoms and diseases
- Patients newly diagnosed with endocrine disease
- Patients who have been living with endocrine disease and are now experiencing problems with managing the disease
- Patients interested in a second opinion on the diagnosis and/or management of the endocrine disease
Endocrine Conditions and Diseases:
The endocrine system involves hormone-secreting glands located in the brain (pituitary gland), neck (thyroid gland and parathyroid glands), near the kidneys (adrenal glands), as well as within or near small organs (insulin cells in the pancreas, hormones within ovaries and testes). Each part of the endocrine system works to produce, metabolize, and regulate the function of various hormones, such as insulin, and other important natural substances required to keep a person healthy. More than 50 types of diseases stem from dysfunction of various parts the endocrine system.
Some Examples of Endocrine Disorders:
Acromegaly (excess of growth hormone)
Adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease)
Beta-cell disorders (insulinoma)
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes
Gestational Diabetes (Pregnancy)
Growth hormone deficiency
Gynecomastia (development of breasts in men
Hirsutism (facial hair growth in women)
Hyperprolactinemia (elevated prolactin)
Hyperthyroidism including Graves’ disease
Hypopituitarism and panhypopituitarism
Hypothyroidism including Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Primary hyperaldosteronism (Conn's syndrome)
Primary, secondary, and tertiary hyperparathyroidism
Thyroid disorders in pregnancy
We welcome you to learn more about our services and meet our dedicated and outstanding staff.
Dr. Dalal Alromaihi
Specialities- Endocrine related disorders including:
- Diabetes Mellitus type1, 2 and gestational diabetes.
- Disorders of the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Disorders of the pituitary and adrenal glands.…
Dr. Hesham Khalfan
Consultant - Internal Medicine
Specialities- Treating chronic medical diseases including diabetes, hypertension, lipid disorders (cholesterol), hyperurice mia and gout, thyroid disease and obesity.
- Geriatric medicine (care for the elderly patient with…
Dr. Naji Mohammed Alamuddin
Consultant Endocrinologist, Diabetologist and Obesity Specialist