As a patient at King Hamad University Hospital, your rights include, but are not limited to:
- The right to reasonable access to care.
- The right to be treated with dignity and in a courteous manner at all times
- The right to personal privacy.
- The right to confidentiality of your clinical records.
- The right to receive care in a safe environment.
- The right to be informed of the name of your consultant and other health care professionals under whose care you are placed.
- The right to make informed decisions regarding your care through an informed process.
- The right to be treated with respect for your spiritual, cultural and philosophical beliefs.
- The right to participate in the development and implementation of your care plan.
- The right to have your family participates in care decisions where appropriate.
- The right to have information about pain and pain relieve measures.
- The right to refuse treatment or medications.
- The right to receive another medical opinion.
- The right to have an interpreter if you do not understand explanations.
- The right to complain about any aspect of the hospital services.
- The right to a uniform standard of care.
As a patient you have responsibility to:
- To provide information about your past medical history.
- To actively participate in decisions regarding your healthcare.
- To ask for clarification about any aspect of your care that you do not understand.
- Notify us of any issues that may affect your care.
- To accept the consequences and outcomes of failing to follow the recommended course of treatment or using other treatments.
- Report complaints or concerns.